Arusha National Park
Arusha National Park located in the northern park of Tanzania and Northeast part of Arusha region as a tourist hub city. Arusha National park covered also Mount Meru Mountain as the volcanic mountain and second highest mountain in Tanzania with 4566 m. The park size is 552 Sq Km 212 Sq miles.
FACTS ABOUT ARUSHA NATIONAL PARK
- The park is famous for white and black colobus monkeys
- The Park is closest to Arusha city with a nice scenery of the landscape
- Covers also Mount Meru as the second highest mountain in Tanzania with an elevation of 4566 m and it is also a volcanic mountain which are very attractive for adventurer people.
- The Park got its name from Waarusha who are living in the Area and they are a sub ethnic group from Maasai tribe who are sharing the same culture but differ in some traits.
- It is highly advisable to visit during the summer season from the months March to July if you are planning to be outdoors. If you’re just there to go sightseeing, Mt. Kilimanjaro is at its best between Decembers through February.
- It is also a bird’s paradise host about 400 bird’s species local and migratory birds.
- Most popular attractions includes Ngurudoto and Meru Craters, lakes of Momela and Meru and small lakes which are very crucial for birds and other plants and animals of an area.
- There are different types of bucks living near the water including bushbucks, reedbucks and waterbucks. Apart from that, there are also hyenas, warthogs, elephants, monkeys, buffalos, zebras and hyenas.
- Arumeru River Lodge
- Ngurudoto Mountain Lodge
- Lake Duluti Serena Lodge
- River Tree Country Inn
- Mount Meru Game Lodge
- Kibo Palace
- Mount Meru Hotel
- Planet Lodge
- The African Tulip
To do & Activities
- Game drive
- Walking safaris with armed guide
- Forest walks
- Meru climbing-second largest mountain in Tanzania after Kilimanjaro mountain
- Birds viewing around the volcanic lakes within the park
- Cultural tours to villages around the park
- Coffee and farm tours can be arranged