Lake Manyara National Park
Located in the Northern part of Tanzania with variety of biological diversity and Lake Manyara National Park extends over 330 sq km of the northern Rift Valley floor southwest of Arusha. Its centerpiece is Lake Manyara, a fluctuating body of alkaline water set within a shallow sump at the base of the Rift Valley.
FACTS ABUT LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK
- Lake Manyara Animals includes,Wildebeest, the legendary tree climbing Lions, Elephant, Buffalo, Warthog, Flamingo, Waterfowl, Waterbucks, Giraffe, Hippo, Impala, Zebra, Dik-dik, Leopard, Hyena and over 400 bird species have been marked.
- Lake Manyara well known as bird’s paradise believed to have more than 400 of bird’s species
- Etymologically, the word Manyara comes from the word “emanyara” is the language of the Maasai, which is the tree plant used to create hedges.
- Lake Manyara is famous for tree climbing lions and this is due ecological of an area.
- Lake Manyara National Park comprises ground water forest fed by underground springs and teeming with wildlife such as, antelopes, elephants, hippos, giraffes, buffaloes and some of the largest baboon troupes in Africa
- Accessis good all year through, but the dry season (July-October) is best for large mammals, and the wet season (November-June) for birds.
- Road safarisfrom Arusha take approximately 2 hours to reach the entrance gate. The access road is surfaced in its entirety but internal roads may require 4wd.
- Charter and scheduled flights from Arusha, Ngorongoro and Serengeti land at Manyara airstripon the escarpment 10 minutes’ drive from the park. Also accessible from by flight from southern part destinations
- Lake Manyara Serena Lodge.
- AndBeyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge
- Lake Manyara Wildlife Lodge
- Burudika Manyara Lodge