Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National park located in the northern part of Tanzania and well known for a natural annually migrations of wildebeest in association with large number of Zebra, small number of eland, Grant’s gazelle, Thomson’s gazelle, Impala, eland and accompanied by predators making this park to be unique and impressive natural events in the world. The vast plain of Serengeti comprises 1.5 ha of Savannah land. Annual Migrations of two millions wildebeests plus hundreds of thousands of gazelles and Zebras accompanied with Predators in their moves while searching for green pasture and water. The park is also large and most diverse to hosts large predators and prey interactions worldwide with impressive aesthetic value attributes.
AREA: Serengeti National Park covered an Area of 14750 Km2 (5700 sq m)
How to get there
By road, most of safari begin in Arusha by driving heading to Serengeti National Park and most of the vehicle used is well designed 4X4 Toyo Land cruiser or Safari jeep with a pop up roof for game viewing and photos taking while on game. Pick up can be organized from Isebania/Sirari boarder between Tanzania and Kenya then proceed with game drives in Serengeti National Park as well as from Namanga boarder.
By Plane, Serengeti is also accessible by small plane either schedules or chartered which fly daily from Arusha Airport (ARK) or Kilimanjaro to various Airstrip in Serengeti central, western or Northern part and currently Precion Air launched its routes directly from Dar es Salaam to Serengeti/Seronera Airstrip, domestic flights ready operating are Auric Air, Coastal Aviation, Air Excell, Regional Air including Precision Air.
Facts About Serengeti
- World heritage sites under UNESCO and Africa natural wonder
- Millions of wild animals migration spectacle which is not found in any part of the world
- Serengeti ecosystem is the oldest on the planet which comprises variety of biological diversity such as Fauna and Flora which is unavailable else on the globe.
- Second largest National Park in Tanzania with national and international importance’s
- Serengeti is the ancestral land of Maa community. Maasai are one of the Tanzania unique communities which still preserving their authentic culture values.
- Largest destination to observe interactions between Predators and preys during migration as moving from one point to another in their natural setting
Tembo Adventure Accommodation in Serengeti
Lodges & Hotels
- Serena Lodges
- Sopa Lodges
- Hotels and Lodges
- Four Seasons Serengeti
- Mbalageti Serengeti
Tented Camps. Semi-permanent/seasonal Camps
- Tanganyika Wildness Camps
- Serengeti Tanzania Bush Camps
- Asilia Africa Camps
- Nomads Tanzania Camps
- Nasikia Camps
- Ang’ata Camps
- Chaka Camps Limited
- Lemala’s Camps
- Serengeti Heritage Camps
- And beyond Camps
- Moivaro Ikoma Bush camp
- Serengeti Tortils Camps
- Wild Frontiers Camps
- Game drives
- Migrations experience
- Maasai village visitation depending to location
- Aperitifs around the camp fire
- Special arrangement for honeymooners
- Hot Air Balloon
- Photography & filming