Tadcod04: Rongai Route Down To Marangu: 6days
The Rongai route is the only route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the north, close to the Kenyan border. Though gaining popularity amongst climbers, Rongai has low traffic.
The minimum number of days required for this route is six days, seven to eight days are recommended.
Pick up at Kilimanjaro International Airport met on arrival and transfer to Moshi/ Arusha for dinner and overnight at hotel in Moshi/Arusha town (BB).
Day 01: ARUSHA – RONGAI – CAV 1
Transfer from your hotel to Marangu gate for clearing summits formalities. After introduction to the guide and porters transfer to the junction going to the Rombo district where the track starts and is about 6km from Marangu gate. After leaving the tarmac road you start your track on a trail to Rongai gate which is about 75km from Marangu gate. Picnic lunch will be given to you at the gate while you proceed to the cave at an altitude of 200m. This is only 2hrs walking for dinner and overnight at CAV I.
Day 02: CAV 1 – CAVE II
After breakfast the track starts on easy trail and after4/5hrs you arrive at cave II for dinner and overnight at an altitude of 3200m.
Day 03: CAVE – KIBO
Kibo hut 4700m – this is a short hike to Kibo hut which takes about 4/5hrs passing the wonderful Mawenzi and the saddle to Kibo hut for dinner. The track to the top of Africa starts at one o’clock midnight up to the summit – Uhuru Peak where you enjoy unlimited view from the top of Africa at an altitude 5900m. The track to the top normally takes about 4/5hrs.
Day 04: KIBO – HOROMBO
After Uhuru Peak, descend slowly to arrive at Gillman’s point then proceed down to Kibo hut for light breakfast then continue to Horombo hut for lunch, dinner and overnight at an altitude of 3700m which is another 3hrs walk.
Day 05: HOROMBO – MANDARA – MARANGU GATE – ARUSHA
After breakfast walking down to Mandara hut and then to Marangu gate where you will be met by you driver to take you back to hotel for leisure dinner and overnight at hotel in Moshi/Arusha town.
Day -: Departure
Pick up from the hotel and transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport for taking in a flight and back home. End of our service.
- All transfers in private car
- 6 days private Kilimanjaro Climb / Marangu Route
- Fullboard during climb including drinking water
- Professional well experienced Kilimanjaro Team with English speaking Mountain guide, 2 porters per person and cook
- Mountain Hut accommodation (pls bring your own sleeping bag)
- All wildlife reserve entry fees, rescue fees, Climbing Certificates
- ‘flying doctor’ insurance
- All items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for safari guide and mountain teams
- Airport departure tax
- Visa fee (50 US$ /100 US$ for Americans & Irish Passport Holders – to be paid upon arrival)
- Sleeping bag (rental fee 20 US$)
- Any nights after the climb